To help decide which Cat® undercarriage is the right fit for your work and your machine, ask these questions:
- How long will I own this machine?
- How many hours a week will I be using this machine?
- What are my typical ground/soil conditions?
- What are my impact conditions?
- What attachments are on my hydraulic excavator?
- What are the grades/slopes on my job site?
Precisely defining these parameters will help lead you to the best undercarriage choice for your needs.
IMPROVE UNDERCARRIAGE LIFE ON YOUR EXCAVATORS
Each track joint is sealed to retain the grease—between the pin
and bushing—to minimize internal wear.
Grease Lubricated Track will:
• Improve internal wear life by 25% or more over Sealed Track
• Decrease undercarriage noise
• Allow for enhanced undercarriage management opportunities
The internally greased pin and bushing with seals offers several benefits over Sealed Track.
• Eliminates internal pin and bushing wear until the lubricant is lost.
• Minimum 25% increase in internal wear life because of less pin and bushing wear.
• Improves sprocket wear life because sprocket and link assembly pitch remains matched for a longer period of operation.
• Track noise is reduced because there is no metal-to-metal contact between the pin and bushing.
• Allows for enhanced undercarriage management opportunities.
The outer diameter of the bushing has been increased for Grease Lubricated Track and offers many benefits.
• Increases external wear life by 20% or more.
• Link life, normally limited by bushing wear, is better utilized because internal and external bushing wear life is extended.
• Overall system wear life is enhanced by 25% or more due to the combined improvements of internal wear, external wear and sprocket wear.
CAT® POSITIVE PIN RETENTION 2 (PPR2) TRACK
FOR USE ON 345/349, 365/374, AND 385/390 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS
Resists pin walking and link cracking for reliable sealing and maximum track life. Designed for high-impact and high-travel applications such as mining, heavy construction, pipe laying, demolition, and scrap handling. Positive Pin Retention 2 (PPR2) Track is an exclusive Caterpillar offering that mechanically locks the link to the pin.
• Resists end-play generation and link movement on the pin
• Tightly controls seal motion for long internal pin/bushing wear life
• Resists fatigue & crack formation with redesigned, stronger track links
REQUEST A QUOTE