Read our Ultimate Guide to Jobsite Safety Here!
The Word on Safety
The word “safety is defined as a noun – a thing, meaning freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury or danger. However, Louisiana Cat defines it a little differently. We consider it a verb – an action word that means constant vigilance, in every setting, on every job. It is not just about items like machine inspections, seat belt replacements, safe driving habits, ROPS, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE.) Safety is about actively looking for potential hazards to ourselves or our coworkers and taking the preventive or corrective actions necessary to remove those dangers.
Louisiana Cat knows it is not an easy task, but we have found the information and websites shown here to be useful. Hopefully, this will provide you with a starting point for the resources you need in order to stay safe on the job, every day.
- American Heart Association
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Red Cross
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Alliance Safety Council
- Gulf Coast Safety Council
- Safety Council South West La