- Always use the narrowest shoe possible that still allows adequate flotation.
- Minimize high operating speeds in nonproductive situations, especially in reverse.
- Alternate turning direction since turning only in one direction wears out one side of the machine faster than the other.
- Monitor track spin, since it reduces production while increasing wear on all undercarriage components.
UNDERCARRIAGE MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Call your parts and service representative for expert advice and service.
- Adjust the undercarriage track for correct tension. Always adjust the track in its working environment. Correct track adjustment is critical.
- Tighten the undercarriage track hardware correctly, using Caterpillar torque-turn method.
- Make daily visual inspections of the equipment. Check for loose bolts, leaking seals, and abnormal wear.
- Keep the undercarriage clean of mud and debris so rollers can turn properly.
REPAIR OPTIONS FOR YOUR DOZER UNDERCARRIAGE
Maximize the life of your undercarriage and reduce your cost per hour by taking advantage of these undercarriage repair options:
- Wet bushing turn
- Roller reshelling
- Roller swapping
- Idler resurfacing
- Track shoe regrousering
If repair is not an effective option for your undercarriage, ask these questions to help decide which Cat® undercarriage is the right fit for your work and your machine:
- How long will I own this machine?
- How many hours a week will I be using this machine?
- What are my typical ground/soil conditions?
- What are my impact conditions?
- What attachments are on my dozer?
- What are the grades/slopes on my job site?
Precisely defining these parameters will help lead you to the best undercarriage choice for your needs.REQUEST A QUOTE